Get Ready for GDPR
On May 25th, 2018 the Data Protection Act (DPA) will be updated to incorporate the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation called GDPR this will be enforced and permanently change the way companies collect, store and use customer data.
With GDPR being introduced into UK legislation this year, you must start to think about the impact this will have on your business.
You need to reassess your current data protection procedures and policies and think about any areas within your business where data protection may be weak.
Know Your Data.
- Do you have over 250 employees? You will be required to appoint a data protection officer.
- Research how the GDPR applies to your business.
- What data are you collecting on individuals?
- Where does the data come from, check any third-party suppliers?
- What are you using the data for?
- Where, and how are you storing the data?
- Who is responsible for the data, and who has access to it?
- Are you passing the data on to any third parties?
- Make policies and embark on change.
For a ‘Guide to the GDPR’, click link to ICO website for more information
Call us on 0800 028 8956 or email email@example.com