When it comes to your data security do you know who is in charge? Would you know who to go to or what to do should there be a data security breach? If the answer is ‘no’ to both of those questions then it is time to call a meeting.
Data security is of paramount importance, whatever your business. If you even have to question it then it is time to step up your IT security measures. So how do you go about this? Well there a several things that you will want to put in place as soon as possible:
- If you have a data centre or computer room you need to know who has access
- Assign someone to take charge and care of this room
- Change any key codes on a regular basis
- Keep up-to-date anti virus software
- Have good firewall procedures
- Let your employees know the consequences of internal data theft
- Speak to a data management company
It is vital that you educate your staff. It may be that you feel disabling USB drives is key also to ensure that data does not leave the business. By speaking to a data management company you will be able to find the best data management facilities for you and your business. Whether that be archive storage, online data back up, document scanning or you are just after advice, here at DataSpace UK we know just how to help.
We really can’t stress it enough, you need to know who is in charge of your data security. As an owner or manager of a business you also need control and to have measures in place should you need to.
Why not follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up-to-date on data security measures, the latest news and helpful products and services?