Don’t stick your head in the sand GDPR is coming?
With GDPR being introduced into UK legislation next month, you really should have started to implement procedures and policies within your business already.
You should have assessed your current data protection procedures and policies and started to make any changes within your business where data protection may have been weak.
It isn’t too late to start. Even if you can show that you have started to make the relevant changes within your workplace, this will help if you did have a data breach.
GDPR is coming, know your Data.
- Have you appointed a data protection officer? If your business handles large amounts of personnel data, you will need to do this now.
- Research how the GDPR applies to your business.
- What data are you collecting on individuals, do you need this data, could you reduce the amount of data you need?
- What are you using the data for, do you need to keep it? If you don’t then delete it now.
- Where, and how are you storing the data, is this secure? How many people can access this information? Look at reducing the access to as few people as possible.
- Are you passing the data on to any third parties, if you are, do you have consent? If you don’t, then stop this now.
- Make policies and implement the changes across your business. Make sure all your staff know the importance of keeping personnel details safe. Never give out someone’s personnel information without their consent.
GDPR is coming, the ICO has more information on GDPR Guidelines, see link below:
DataSpace are more than happy to provide consultation about General Data Protection Regulations and how this may affect your data or document archives, for more information please call us on 0800 028 8956 or email email@example.com