Every business big or small has an office. Even if your business is a hands-on, getting your hands dirty kind, there will be some paperwork needed and required by law.
How do you file or store all the information you have collected? Many of these types of business, especially smaller outfits, only have a small dedicated space for the office. What do you do when you’ve run out of physical space?
We all know that legally there are documents that you have a legal commitment and responsibility to keep for inspection â€“ here’s a guide:
- VAT papers need to be kept for 6 years
- PAYE records need to be kept for 3 years following the year to which they refer
- Inland Revenue and taxation documents need to be kept for 6 years after the chargeable period
- Company Records â€“ corporation tax self assessment, accounting records must be retained for 6 years after the end of the accounting period
- Any entries that refer to a former company member must be kept for 20 years
- The register of Directors and Secretary must record details of past directorships for the past 5 years
- If you are in receipt of Government Grants, paperwork should be kept for 4 years
- Limitation Act (1980) â€“ in the case of claims, action can be brought for up to 6 years; contracts under deal or deed should be kept for 12 years
That’s a lot of paperwork! Much of this is now sent and stored online but if you still have paperwork you have to keep, DataSpace UK has safe, secure warehousing with bar coding for easy retrieval. You can safely store any paperwork with us and know that it can be found and retrieved as and when you need it.
Please either call us on 0800 028 8956 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see just how we can help solve your storage problems.